Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » Elite General » Elite Trainer

Post subject: Re: Fast ABS?
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:55 pm 

Serious guyz...

Locking hands behind your head or, like teh dumbass in teh video, grabbing teh couch is teh worst you can do..

What you tell DvlDog is a very good technique but you may never use force or muscles other then what you want to train.. By grabbing your head an untrained person (and let's face it.. we all are and we all need that coach) will use force in his back, arms and shoulders.. undesired.

Now, I am not an expert but I did train for 6 days a week and you can only maintain that with tight schedules and very accurate training otherwise you break down or overtrain. There are many ways of training teh abs but you are training those.. not your legs, lower back (bicycle movement couch video) or shoulders etc.. That's why I said those modified situps are teh best. They're short on movement (only move up a bit) and dont stress teh back.. If you combine them with DvlDogs burnouts (but dont overdo them) you get a very full training.. Do DvlDogs as last as you prob wont do teh rest otherwise ;)

Ohw... and let me repeat that you need to repeat stuff.. repetition gets them back...

Hmmm fine.. I'll join ya this month.. what's teh worst that can happen.. I finish a report with a sixpack of muscles instead of a sixpack of beer ;)

So whatever you do, unless your abs are burning your doing teh wrong one.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Nice tips guyz! Now lets see teh results in about a month or so.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:28 pm 

Ok, I just meant to keep yoru head elevated off teh ground. I don't pull up on my head when I do them. I just keeps my hands out of teh way(behind my head), and my head off teh ground. It probablly would be better not to have my hands there but I've done it like that since I was in like teh 4th grade on my soccer team, Sooo THERE I'm not changing!!!! :fookyou: But you might wanna take his advice. teh burnouts are just that they pretty much burn you out to a point of all you want to do is crash on teh couch. I'm not sure though if I would do them if you have never done leg lifts. You could start with like 5 sets of 30, that would work you into having teh ability to do more burnouts......otherwise you might just do one and never do another one out of frustration.

Dvl.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:35 pm 

*Xx DvlDog xX* wrote:
Ok, I just meant to keep yoru head elevated off teh ground. I don't pull up on my head when I do them. I just keeps my hands out of teh way(behind my head), and my head off teh ground. It probablly would be better not to have my hands there but I've done it like that since I was in like teh 4th grade on my soccer team, Sooo THERE I'm not changing!!!! :fookyou:

Oh don't make me go Panda-style up your Monkey!

You will change! Now eat a noodle ;)

Positioning only differs on weight, arms on chest way easier then head, but I thought you were talking about grabbing your head.. Ahhh teh confusion. Inner peace will set you free once you realise teh secret ingredient my big panda.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:28 pm 
freaky giving tips on muscle strengthening.lmafo um try working 60 hrs a week pouring concrete works for me.if that doesnt work 50 mins on teh wife usually works

..lol...and u can work out all u want if u dont have a good diet u wont ever get a true 6 pack.
i lost mine when i started drinking beer.make sure u also make room for cardio ..that helps define teh six pack too.
for a true abs work out ,diet cardio and leg lifts hanging from a pull up bar and decline sit ups not stressing back or neck.and burn em in.

also burning ur self out with little to no results i suggest trying a class like ,say martial arts of any form going 5 days a week for 1 too 2 hr s.in my tae kwan do class we do 1 sit up one push up 2 situps 2 push ups and so on .. till we reach 180 . try that .i truly recommend just buying a six pack and talking teh old lady in to doing exercise while u watch .preferably in some thing tight and small lolololol. :killa:

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:10 am 

*Xx DvlDog xX* wrote:
Leg Lifts Buddy, teh sit-ups will work your upper and middle abs, but not teh lowest part of teh abs, nor teh obliques.

*****This is what you do.

1. Lay flat on your back
2. Lock your fingers behind your head and keep your head off teh ground, and lift your feet about 8-12 inches off of teh ground. And Hold as long as possible. Back in teh day we would do a 15 rep set of 30 seconds each rep. Then we would follow it with 5 burnouts.....just hold as long as you can, get up walk around stretch catch your breath, and then repeat 4 more times.*****

Dvl.

I know exactly how this feels.
back when I used to play Football we would do a "warmup" of 40 reps for 30 sec.s each. Felt like fire ants stinging every muscle from your Oblique's down to your Tensors "outer thighs"
I never was very tall back then so I didn't weigh much, but after all those reps I had Ripped abs and could run a mile 5 seconds short of school records.
now Im 5'11 and weigh 168.

If you want any advice on eating right, most places will tell you to cut back..... LIARS ALL LIARS

if you cut back, your metabolism slows down and your body will store more of teh fat in foods instead of processing it for energy.

Eat smaller amounts but more frequently, and never, NEVER, exercise after you eat.
You wont digest all teh essential acids and lean protein's your body needs for energy.

If all else fails eat rice and spicy foods which are good for your metabolize ..... with chop-sticks.........

What!
Do u see fat Oriental people. I didn't think so.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

some tips [pardon if anything is repeated, i havent read all teh posts yet]:

Crunches are good, after time you stomach will get harder and develop a 4-6 pack BUT remember: you're not going to ever see teh abs if you have fat on your belly, it will just cover them up.

NOTE:
if you start doing crunches, cross your arms across your chest- NOT behind your head. Make your lower body do teh work, not your arms.

To get teh ripped effect, you have to lower your body fat %. you may get a caliper to measure it as you progress. Eziest way to lower your BF% is cardio and eating healthier, 30 minutes minimum. If you can't jog for 30 minutes:

jog for 2 minutes walk for 1 minute. (don't pussy jog, make sure you're heart is going) repeat this until your 30 minutes is up.

REMEMBER: no matter what type of exercise you do, make sure you back it up with good eating. if you eat crap, then you will never progress. You can have 1 cheat day, where you can eat pizza or something but dont overdue it. teh only reason you should eat shitty is if your are trying to gain weight in order to turn it into muscle (i.e. bulking) by lifting.

If you get sick of crunches try pull ups.(palms in and out). Pull ups are a great compound exercise that will work your back, shoulders, arms, and abs. [why do you think marines do them so much? :) ]

Let me know if you want any other advice, I've done so much research and testing on this stuff (it's why I made teh forum :))

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

ok i read all teh posts, some comments:

:!: always do crunches, arms crossed on chest. makes your abs and obliques work hard.

:!: eating right doesn't mean eating less:
:arrow: most exercise junkies recommend eating 6 small meals a day rather than 3 (it boosts your metabolism, burning fat quicker).
:arrow: do NOT skip meals,meal replacements are okay (protein bar)

:!: eating tips:
:arrow: eat foods high in protein: grilled chicken (NOT fried), eggs, fish, turkey
:arrow: eat foods with fiber: whole grains, wheat bread (natural), oatmeal (no sugar). teh more you shit, teh cleaner your system gets.
:arrow: eat veggies, esp. greens: get teh frozen veggies (liess sodium than can), salads (light or no fat dressing)

:!: Supplements
:arrow: it is okay to use these as long as you use them right
:arrow: whey protein is teh best healthy supplement. it has all kinds of amino acids (vitamins) and is even good for a person that doesnt work out. you can get a 3 pound bottle of powder for around 30 bucks at Vitamin Shoppe. I recommend either Optimum 100% Whey Protein or Designer Whey. Proteins are teh building blocks of muscle!
:arrow: creatine is good for building muscle mass, but you must continue to use it or you will lose teh mass. creatine helps store more water in teh muscle, once you stop taking it, teh water will leave because your body's natural supply is nowhere near as much as you were taking.
:arrow: hydroxycut, DO NOT use this unless you are dedicated to your routine. It's a redbull x10. I have used it in teh past, my experience was positive, but it can give you teh jitters, and headaches. I never got headaches, but sometimes i swear i could feel teh blood pumping through my arms (creepy). Warning on dosage, it's a progressive drug, if i remember right, once you get to teh max dose it's 3 pills twice a day (correction might be needed.)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:46 pm 

first of all i reccomend a product called muscle milk it wont allow your body to store any fat and i should know i went from 200 pounds to 170 play hackey sack and do crunches pushups and chinups with your legs bent at teh knees in front of you holding them up it will shred your abs anyway MUCH LOVE TO ALL MY ELITE BROTHERS GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:24 pm 

HeavyStunna[dud] has some good feedback. I'm currently training fairly hard core again. I powerlifted in college and I am working on building a balance of strength and build. Might try to powerlift in a competition in June...master's division (yes, I'm old).

I've always been drug-free and powerlifted in sanctioned drug-free competitions in college. I have tried supplements from amino acids, creatine, NO products, etc...and I agree stay away from HydroxyCuts and similar products that claim quick weight loss. They are dang near illegal stimulants and if you are someone who can't drink soda past 9:00 PM or you'll be up all night, then those things will definitely freak you out.

I've had good luck with creatine supplements and low carb/high protein diets. If you get your metabolic rate up and watch your diet...you'll have abs popping in no time.

Board index » Elite General » Elite Trainer