Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » Elite Recruiting & Information » Hall of Shame

Post subject: How about that oil spill!
 Post Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:19 pm 

I posted it here in teh hall of shame. Thats where it belongs.

BP Group CEO Tony Hayward say's:
Quote:
What has failed here is teh ultimate safety device on a drilling rig," he said. "There are many barriers of protection that you have to go to before you get to this. It isn't designed to not fail."

Gov. Charlie(I am a douchebag)Christ says:
Quote:
"It's not a spill, it's a flow. Envision sort of an underground volcano of oil and it keeps spewing over 200,000 gallons every single day, if not more."

Let's give a great big

FUCK YOU!

to all involved in drilling oil off our coasts and fucking up teh environment because you wanted to save a buck. Stupid fuckheads.

Post subject: Re: How about that oil spill!
 Post Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm 

Combine that with Haliburtons ineptitude, and you got something you can really call "EPIC FAIL"

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:04 pm 

*Xx~?Sp@z?~xX* wrote:
Let's give a great big

FUCK YOU!

to all involved in drilling oil off our coasts and fucking up teh environment because you wanted to save a buck. Stupid fuckheads.

Actually, if we did more drilling and had more wells off our coasts it would cut down significantly on teh huge oil tankers that we have to use to transport it, which are teh real danger. Smaller tankers = Smaller spills

Not that I don't agree with you to a point but I'd say to look at teh situation as a whole and not just an isolated incident.

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:17 pm 

*Xx Mindbomb xX* wrote:
Actually, if we did more drilling and had more wells off our coasts it would cut down significantly on teh huge oil tankers that we have to use to transport it, which are teh real danger. Smaller tankers = Smaller spills

Not that I don't agree with you to a point but I'd say to look at teh situation as a whole and not just an isolated incident.

I am speechless. Really.

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:42 pm 

*Xx~?Sp@z?~xX* wrote:
*Xx Mindbomb xX* wrote:

I am speechless. Really.

yes cheaper gas = drilling off coast

but also immediate energy independence = drilling off coast

and not wanting a repeat of Exxon Valdez = drilling off coast

teh problem is drilling off coast without following safety precautions = big ass oil slick

I've not had a chance to follow this story much, but I haven't heard anyone having any real details about teh initial cause. Only that there was an explosion.

Don't get me wrong, this is gotta be up on teh top tier of EPIC FAIL and someone has got to get their gonads nailed to teh wall for it, but I'd wait for teh complete story before I'll make a judgment of who's balls that's gonna be.

If teh story is out there and I haven't seen it, sorry, work is keeping me outta life lately.

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:19 pm 
makes u wonder what else there fucking all up eh boys... lol

thank god for teh good ole usof a .... :tu:

seen up close video of this main leak omfg wow trying to end teh world me thinks .time to put my blue suite on and geterdun. this hightech society we live in and they think golf balls will plug hole lmafo so hard. :uhhh: looks as tho they shoulda put a little bit more thought in safety before they launched a terrorist attack on there own country.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:10 pm 

guys guys guys... all this offshore drilling makes up less than 1% of teh oil teh US consumes in teh average day. More offshore rigs will not solve your problem. Also, Canada supplies teh US with more oil than any other country. If you don't believe me read about it here. Anyways, what we (mankind in general) should do is replace teh use of crude oil with algae. Since it can double it's size in under 24 hours and grows on top of water, it can be converted into fuel and oil and used in our cars for much much cheaper than teh cost of pumping it up from teh depths of teh ocean, extracting it from tar sands and buying it from backward nations in teh middle east. I work at a factory that makes nuclear reactors and in teh engineering department there's an article on some guy's cubicle and it says that all teh US needs is about 7000sq.mi of water covered in algae to supply itself. It seems like a lot of land but when you realize teh US has 6,000,000 sq mi of land it's really not that bad at all.

But in staying with teh original post, yes, BP fucked up large and teh hall of shame is where they belong. teh spill should have never happened.

Board index » Elite Recruiting & Information » Hall of Shame